Thursday, September 12, 2013

Beast of Fire



There’s a beast that lives inside me. It hungers whenever you’re near. I can fight it, cage it, and trick myself into believing I have tamed it for a time whenever you go away. But the beast is an animal, wild, feral, hungry and much more cunning than I’d like to give it credit for.
It was you who unleashed it, who made the beast, who stirred it to life. With your hands, you viciously stoked the embers and together we made a passionate fire. Then you were gone. The fire began to fade and my beast roared in pain from that first lick of frost.
For years my beast sought equal, starting fires no other beast could help create, only to be left disappointed in the end as the fires left were nothing more than ash and soot. There’s no craving worse than that of the beast and its need for the one who had the power to awaken it.
Exhausted, frustrated, alone, and swimming in a sea of smoke. The fire is nearly gone because every fire since you has taken part of my beast and there’s hardly anything left of me now. Quiet, so quiet it’s scary. Where is your beast, your savage, raw, powerful beast to match my own? Where did it go? What fires did it create, and how many poor souls did it scorch too?
There has to be a reason, a way things will work out, and a way for the wild inside us to be together.

Searching...

Waiting…

Craving my equal; knowing it was always you.

No comments:

Post a Comment